YOGA NIDRA: As women in their forties enter the perimenopausal stage of life, they may experience
a variety of physical and emotional symptoms.
These can include hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and fatigue. While these symptoms can be uncomfortable and disruptive, there is a natural solution that can help women manage their negative emotions and stress: yoga nidra.
It is a practice that can be done lying down, and it involves focusing on the breath and body sensations while allowing the mind to drift.
During yoga nidra, the body is in a state of deep relaxation, which can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
It can also help to reduce physical
symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats.
Yoga nidra can also help to reduce the
emotional symptoms associated with perimenopause.
It can help to reduce feelings of irritability, sadness, and anger. It can also help to improve mood and increase feelings of peace and contentment. Yoga nidra is a safe and natural way for women in their forties to manage the physical and emotional symptoms of perimenopause. It is a practice that can be done in the comfort of one’s own home, and it does not require any special equipment or training.
All that is needed is a comfortable place to lie down and a willingness to relax and let go. If you are a woman in your forties experiencing perimenopausal symptoms, yoga nidra may be the perfect solution for you.
At County Clare Retreat Center, we are proud to offer yoga nidra as a natural solution for women in their forties experiencing perimenopausal symptoms.
We offer yoga nidra podcasts and retreats to help women in their forties manage the
physical and emotional symptoms of perimenopause. Our podcasts are designed to be done in the comfort of one’s own home, and our retreats provide a safe and supportive environment for women to explore the practice of yoga nidra. If you are a woman in your
forties experiencing perimenopausal symptoms, we invite you to explore the benefits of yoga nidra.
We look forward to helping you on your journey to wellness!
Here is a 10-minute yoga nidra practice that you can do at home:
- Find a comfortable place to lie down, such as your bed or a yoga mat. Make sure you
are warm and comfortable.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Allow your body to relax and your
- Begin to focus on your breath. Notice the sensation of the air entering and leaving
- Bring your awareness to your body. Notice any areas of tension or discomfort, and
allow them to soften and release.
- Visualize a peaceful place, such as a beach or a forest. Imagine yourself in this
place, surrounded by beauty and peace.
- Allow yourself to drift in and out of this visualisation for the remainder of the practice.
- When you are ready, slowly open your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Notice how you feel and take a few moments to reflect on your experience.Practicing yoga nidra regularly can help to reduce physical and emotional
symptoms associated with perimenopause.
Here is a recently recorded YOGA NIDRA
Give it a try and see how it can help you manage your negative emotions and stress.